Pre Tan Preperation:
Treat your body like a canvas. For best results, we highly recommend the following.
- Shower and Exfoliate, especially where skin can be dry like the knees, elbows etc...
- If you shave your legs or other areas, it's best to do this before you tan also.
- Do not apply any moisturisers or makeup to your body prior to tanning. If you do need some on your face, make it very light.
- Wear loose clothing and thongs or slip on shoes for the trip home.
- Avoid getting wet until after the tan's developing time.
- If sleeping in the tan over night, wear gloves to avoid getting tan on your palms
- After tan has developed and you shower, some tans continue to develope. Ensure you now moisturise after each shower.
- Products such as tan extender, tan remover and others can be purchased if you wish.
How Does Spray Tanning Work?
The skin is made up of two main layers: the epidermis on the outside and the dermis on the inside. The epidermis is further broken down into two layers: the innermost "stratum basale" and the outermost "stratum corneum". Dihydroxyacetone (DHA), the active tanning ingredient found in all spray on tan solutions, is a colourless sugar that interacts with the dead skin cells in the stratum corneum of the epidermis to produce a colour change. This colour change generally lasts for approximately 7 -10 days from the initial application.